Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe pre-made model's strange issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Modelling_Droid
109 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe pre-made model's strange issue

Hi! I've recently discovered that Maya has pre-made models such as gears, prism, and also pipe. I wanted to try pipe for my project, but when I had to connect two faces at certain part of the said model, it gave me a very strange result that I've never seen before. I tried to rebuild the faces anew, but it didn't work. 

Is it an issue withaa pre-made model in Maya or it's something that can be solved? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: Modelling_Droid

Normals.jpgIt looks like you have inverted normals in one of those faces, under Lighting>Two sided lighting, keep it off while modeling so you can spot black faces.

Message 3 of 5
Modelling_Droid
in reply to: damaggio

I hd this option as well, but it doesn't change the weird face that appears. While I can change the lighting, it still doesn't change how weirdly two edges connect with the face that I make.

Message 4 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: Modelling_Droid

That's all I can say from here, I don't know how you modeled.

You can also try to export and import an Obj, sometimes that works or extrude the edge first, then weld the vertices.

Zip the model here if it doesnt resolve.

Message 5 of 5
Modelling_Droid
in reply to: damaggio

I resolved it. It was a very weird thing. Whenever I extruded certain edges, the normals were flipped, and I didn't notice it. THank you for your answer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report