Did you mean: 

Copy table properties to another table

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
3204 Views, 13 Replies

Copy table properties to another table

Hello,

Can I copy properties of exported table from excel to another exported table?

I want the other table to have same columns width for example, and same text style and height.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
carl.coghill
in reply to: Anonymous

Am I understanding your question correctly? You want to copy properties between excel tables?

If so, not really for these forums but you can use Format Painter tool image.png.

Select source text, Click on Format Painter, Select destination text.

Here is a how-to on copying column widths.

Carl Coghill
Senior Designer
AutoCAD 2018
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
LinkedIn
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: carl.coghill

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

What I mean is I export a table from excel to AutoCAD and I want all the exported tables to have same column size and width, is it possible to copy table properties to another table in AutoCAD?

Thank you

Message 4 of 14
carl.coghill

I think to get the same text style etc, you could set up a table style TABLESTYLE and apply this to all tables you want to be the same - although, I cannot see anywhere in here where you can specify column widths - not sure how that can be achieved.

Carl Coghill
Senior Designer
AutoCAD 2018
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
LinkedIn
Message 5 of 14
pendean

Give that table style (or styles) in that source file a unique name using TABLESTYLE command, then copy/paste into your destination files. Just make sure the destination files also have the correct text styles defined too (STYLE command).
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: carl.coghill

Hello,

I used TABLSTYLE but it doesn't do anything, even though my text size is assigned as 0.5 but when I select the table style I created it doesn't change the text height in cells.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

I used TABLSTYLE but it doesn't do anything, even though my text size is assigned as 0.5 but when I select the table style I created it doesn't change the text height in cells.

Also I don't se any option for defining the cell width and cell height, I have to do it manually for each table which is time consuming.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 14
pendean

TABLESTYLE command defines the table settings, all of them, and STYLE command defines the text you use: they both do a lot. perhaps you can post your source master DWG file with the table you want to copy here so others can help you out with the process.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

I was running into the same thing.  After reading the responses, and trying "Table Styles",  it wasn't doing exactly what I wanted. I then noticed a similar "Cell Styles".  I tried that, and the result was much closer.

Message 10 of 14
KingsleyM

Anyone have a solution to this? I have the same issue. I have imported an excel table and i had to adjust text height and column widths (many different columns) in AutoCAD to suit my needs. now I have multiple drawings with the same tables style but different information. is there any way to copy the table format over without having to manually adjust them individually?

Message 11 of 14
pendean
in reply to: KingsleyM

@KingsleyM wrote:

.. is there any way to copy the table format over without having to manually adjust them individually?

How exactly are you "importing" excel into your DWG please?

And are the Excel sources all formatted identically and the same exact number of cells are being "imported"?

Message 12 of 14
KingsleyM

How exactly are you "importing" excel into your DWG please? I import the table using a datalink

And are the Excel sources all formatted identically and the same exact number of cells are being "imported"? Yes

Message 13 of 14
pendean
in reply to: KingsleyM

@KingsleyM wrote:

How exactly are you "importing" excel into your DWG please? I import the table using a datalink

Have you had a chance to do this yet:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Formatting-of-inse... 

and

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Updating-Data-Link... 

Message 14 of 14
KingsleyM
in reply to: pendean

Yes. those settings did not work for me. i spoke directly to AutoCAD support and they said i had to make the change in AutoCAD itself

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report