Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List View not showing filenames

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
johntpope
477 Views, 4 Replies

List View not showing filenames

When I pull in DWF files only a few of them show their Filename in the "List View" tab. This is very difficult to navigate a large number of files that are all named "Model". File names do show for some of them but very few. How do I get the filenames to show up in ListView automatically when I import/open them WITHOUT renaming each of them in the application?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: johntpope

@johntpope wrote:

This is very difficult to navigate a large number of files that are all named "Model". File names do show for some of them but very few

There is NOTHING you can do about file names inside the free DWF viewer, it is behaving as designed.

You will need to manually control the conversion aspect manually outside of the ADR program then override the default names by NOT using the automated conversion method.

You do know ADR is not actually converting DWG files to DWF, right? It is using whatever dwg-capable AutoCAD variant you have and uses all the default naming conventions which include the 'space' location.

Message 3 of 5
johntpope

Thank you very much ... in this case we are actually viewing the DWFs created by a client.  You are right that the conversion would be the easy fix if we were doing the conversion ... we do not have this issue for DWFs created by our drafters from DWGs. 

Message 4 of 5
pendean

@johntpope Thanks for the information. Perhaps you can provide your client with some guidance from your local team if possible to resolve the issue if renaming it all at your end is not desired.
Message 5 of 5
zakaijakari

I've noticed unexpected color shifts in certain elements of my website design. Shades of blue appear as shades of green, and reds seem to shift towards orange hues. These color discrepancies are consistent across multiple renders and seem to occur randomly within the same file. I've checked my color settings and ensured that everything is calibrated correctly. What should I do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report